R-Squared Energy TV: Episode 6 – EROEI Explained
In this week’s episode of R-Squared Energy TV I present the first of several mini-presentations on energy topics of interest. The presentations will be short, 5 to 8 minute presentations with 3 to 5 slides each. This week’s presentation is on Energy Return on Energy Invested (EROEI). I believe there are a lot of misunderstandings from both proponents and opponents of EROEI methodology, and I attempt to clear up some of the misconceptions. Some of the questions answered are:
- What exactly is EROEI?
- Where might it be useful, and where might it possibly provide misleading answers?
- What are the societal implications of a declining EROEI?
- When is a lower EROEI process better than a higher EROEI process?
- What does EROEI suggest about the economics of a process?
Readers who have specific questions can send them to ask [at] consumerenergyreport [dot] com or leave the question after this post (at the original source). Consider subscribing to our YouTube channel where you’ll be able to view past and future videos.
Link to Original Article: R-Squared Energy TV: Episode 6 – EROEI Explained
- For those who want an inside edge in the energy sector.
- Written by veteran energy analysts and insiders with a track record of accurately predicting trends.
- 100% FREE!
- And Much More...
Total Energy USA Conference and Exposition
November 19-21, 2013 - Houston, TX
Platts Global Energy Outlook Forum
December 12, 2013 - New York, NY