By Robert Rapier on Mar 17, 2010 with 14 responses

Redirect on Thursday

Tags:

Plans are to set up the redirect to the new site for R-Squared on Thursday the 18th. If you subscribe via an RSS feed, you will continue to receive the feed from the new location.

My first post at the new R-Squared will be a position statement. I will briefly cover my views on oil, coal, ethanol (cellulosic, corn, and sugarcane), renewable diesel (green and biodiesel), nuclear power, solar power, wind power, and climate change. That should provide a framework for initial discussions.

As always, suggestions are appreciated. Please let me know if you have questions or comments.

1. By Kinuachdrach on March 17, 2010 at 8:45 am

RR: "I will briefly cover my views on …"

What? No geothermal? :)

(With apologies!)

2. By Mike on March 17, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Hi Robert, as someone who appreciates your sober analysis of energy issues, do you think you could include algae derived fuels in your statement?

3. By rufus on March 17, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Furan-Degrading Bacterium Discovered.

Keeping in mind that: Half of all the scientists that have ever lived went to work this morning.

4. By PeteS on March 17, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Looking forward to the new format!

5. By Anonymous One on March 19, 2010 at 2:32 am

4 years worth of comments, gone with the flip of a switch.

6. By Robert Rapier on March 19, 2010 at 11:23 am

All the comments should be there. There may be some missing that were left after the initial import, but I think if you will check just about any essay you will see that the comments are there.

7. By Anonymous One on March 19, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I don’t see any comments at A Redundant Subsidy”

8. By Anonymous One on March 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm
  9. By Anonymous One on March 19, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I think I miss “preview” for catching typos and such.

10. By Robert Rapier on March 19, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I don’t see any comments at A Redundant Subsidy”

Some could have been missed, but everything has been backed up. So we can pull in any that were missed. This week is a transitional week, so please keep bringing issues up and we will try to fix them. I agree on the preview comment; maybe we can do something about that.

Cheers, RR

11. By Robert Rapier on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Do links work differently here?

That’s a good question. Let me test by putting one in HTML and see if it ends up being a clickable link:

Earthquakes and Geothermal

Now for just the link from the above:

12. By Robert Rapier on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I think I miss “preview” for catching typos and such.

It looks like the edit function is working, in case you want to change something.

Also looks like clickable links are working as they were before.

13. By Samuel R. Avro on March 19, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Anon,

During the import, for some odd reason, it didn’t bring over a lot of the comments. We’re going to look into that, but as Robert mentioned, everything is backed up.

As far as the preview option, if you register for the forums and comment there instead of the blog comments, you’ll have the ability to use a preview function as one of the many features included in the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.

14. By Anonymous One on March 22, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Nice to know that everything is backed up. Sad that us commoners can’t see any comments on all of Robert’s 2006 through 2009 blog posts.